Translate

Monday, May 13, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #ScheduledMartian

“All the world's a stage.”
John Wilkes Booth* #quote



Rawwrraawwrarararwwwarrrrwaaarrrwwwawrrrraawwrrrrr!!!!! Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Scheduled Martian

       I answered my apartment door to see a large martian. The thing was fat and green. Usual four legs and two arms it certainly walked like a human but you'd never miss the fact it also had an octopus like head. The alien had three eyes: one red, one yellow and one blue. I saw it wore martian fitted jeans, four leggings and all, along with a “I love New York” t-shirt. Stupid Tourists.
       “You lost?” I asked.
        “Green eyes...brown hair...white skin...are you David Greenstreet? You look like the picture.” And great. Somehow it knows me.
         “And you are?”
         “Alexander Thornhigh,” The alien responded. “You posted an ad for a roommate? We arranged a meeting right now.”
         I rolled my eyes and groaned. “I was expecting a human at my door. Y'know considering your name and complete lack of a martian accent.”
         “You got a problem with martians?”
         “You're money as green as you're skin? Last person offering to be my roommate looked like the closest thing to child of a hobo and a trashcan and didn't have a cent.”
          He glared at me. “I come from a wealthy family and chose this location for proximity to the college I am going to. I will be picked up by a limousine. In dire emergencies I can cover for both our rents.”
          I smiled and opened up my arms. “Then I have no problems whatsoever with martians! Let me show you around roomie!”

No comments:

Post a Comment