Translate

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #GettingThePerfectIdea

“I see the light.”
Thomas Edison* #quote



       Grandmother came over for dinner tonight. Seizures were down today so that's a plus as well so overall happy day. Anyway onto the flash fiction!




        Getting the Perfect Idea


        In a dream I meet a box with a top hat. Two wooden arms made of small sticks jutting out of the bottom half wave about to express emotion as it opens and shuts a crack to emulate a mouth and talk. “You know I'm not sure you're ready for this quite yet,” it tells me. The room we're is a crystal box with windows floating in the air with only ocean below.
       “Ready for what?”
       “Why the perfect idea for a novel. Right inside me is the inspiration to give you hat perfect idea,” the box tells me.
       I glare at the box, I think it just insulted me, and I replied, “I'm pretty sure I'm ready for the perfect idea.”
       “You think you're ready to write the perfect novel from this perfect idea?”
        “Of course I am.”
        “Oh, you certain you have the talent to weave the words to make every part of its potential onto the page?”
        “Well I-”
        “Are you ready to accept all the criticisms that people give the perfect idea. Are you ready to support the book through thick and thin while you peddle it?”
        “I think I can handle.”
         The box slapped its strange stick arms on its side to make a loud smack. “Well if you think you are ready to support and bring to life the greatest novel idea ever then open me and take this inspiration. Otherwise I'll go find another author.”
         I thought for a moment and then replied, “I think I won't open you, not yet. Can you give me ten years then come back?”
         The chest chuckled. “Maybe you'll be ready in ten. If I haven't found someone better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment