Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #ExtraSpatialSongLogic

“I'm more down-to-earth.”
Neil Armstrong* #quote


      Today I'm hanging out with CJ. Nothing to report besides we have yet to blow up anything of significance. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Extra-Spatial Song Logic


       I am Reginald Dolly. Brilliant composer, musician, and singer. Along with wizard. I even used my magic to extend my lifespan to master musical crafts. I have traveled many worlds, including yours, and learned millions of songs in thousands of languages. I believe I knew everything mortal man could learn of song so I used my magic to hear the gods sing.
      “Greetings Reginald,” one of the gods said to me being a glowing cube covered with eyes. All the gods were beings I hadn't seen before. I'm glad I saw a few somewhat human in form to make more comfortable. The realm of gods I teleported into was a theater in some pocket dimension between one of their many home universes. “You are one of the few humans worthy to listen to us sing. We invited Merlin but he didn't show. Jerk.”
       Several of the gods took the stage including the cube and one that looked like a beautiful woman mixed with a robot and a cloud next spoke to me, “Tonight we'll be singing a human song for as a treat for our special guest, I hope the other gods will enjoy. The song is called Mary had a Little Lamb.” The gods then opened their mouths that could, I don't know what the others sang with.

         And everywhere that Mary went,whose fleece was white as snow.
the lamb was sure to go.Mary had a little lamb,It made the children laugh and play,
It followed her to school one daywhich was against the rule.to see a lamb at school.
And waited patiently about,but still it lingered near,And so the teacher turned it out,
till Mary did appear."Why does the lamb love Mary so?"the eager children cry.
the teacher did reply. "Why, Mary loves the lamb, you know."

       Once the gods finished I yelled, “What was that?” I shivered through the whole song but tried not to show it.
The god sitting next to me chuckled, his mustache made of lasers and his body made of metallic ooze. “You never hear a spiraling spatial bending song boy?”
      “NO!” I tried to avoid clasping my hands over my ears. I felt rude enough. I hoped they didn't smite me.
       “Oh humans.” The god smiled with the metallic ooze bending to make the shape of a mouth. “It's quite simple. We just stretch space-time a wee-bit to twist the song into a spiral of wormholed sound and change emphasis on the lyrics to make it roll around in your mind in a much better fashion. If you would have focused you would have gotten it. You're a human genius of song! I say we sing it until he gets it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment