Translate

Monday, May 6, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheChildrenAndTheDragonScale

“Are you thinking what I'm thinking?”
Steven Hawking* #quote




       Today I read some of my old comic books on a whim. Never hurts to have some data in your mind. Comic books are nice but I should really read some new books soon. Won't copy any ideas but'll it'll be nice to absorb all that creative data and deduce stylistic improvements. Hmmm...maybe I will. Dunno. Gotta be in the right mood or I won't plow through it in a seamless enough of a fashion to ingrain it in my brain properly.   Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Children And The Dragon Scale


      “C'mon Todd! Where's your sense of adventure?” Sally smiled at her friend. Summer break just started for the kids. They enjoyed not having to wear robes for the school uniform and being able to wear t-shirts and jeans. Sometimes they wished they lived in one of the mundane worlds just so they wouldn't have to dress in the wizard clothes for school and formal events. So dorky and old fashioned!
      “Well, my sense of adventure is right next to my sense of fear!” Todd waved his arms above his head. Kids as young as him did have the flare for the dramatic, but the situation did warrant it. “So we found a shed dragon scale. That means we should get out of here and tell an adult. Now! You're supposed to be the smart girl with the straight A's! You should be doing dumb things like this!”
      “Aw, you know dragons don't eat people! You see them on TV! We visit the school's dragon all the time and he's nice and easy to pet!”
       “Sally! No! He's not a wild dragon! He's a domestic animal. A wild dragon will eat us whole!”
Sally pouted. “I don't think you even know what domestic means!”
Todd yelled back, “One that won't eat us! We've got to get out of here!” Todd then stared at the ground.  “Either you come with me or I'm leaving without you.”
      “You wouldn't. We're best friends. You wouldn't leave me behind to a dragon if you honestly thought I would die.”
      “Sally. I'm not...it's a wild dragon. I'm going. Maybe you'll listen if I get your Mom or something. But I'm not staying here t-to be killed. And I don't want you to be killed. Those things are really that dangerous. Come on, please come with me while there's time. I'm going now.” Todd began to walk away. But slowly enough for Sally to think, but in another twenty seconds he would begin running.
      “Alright Todd I'm coming with!”
       In another ten minutes they heard a massive roar echo all around them and they ran as fast as they could. They told their parents what they saw and heard. The nearest Wizard's Guild was called. They caught the wild dragon, and of the team of three powerful wizards sent out to catch it one got severely injured in the fight when the dragon attacked them on sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment