Translate

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Today's #flashfiction The Fame Of Nostradamus

“Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down...”
Gulliver's Travels* #quote

Maybe they tried some other nicknames before “snake eyes” for rolling two ones on dice. Like “uh-oh, you rolled puppy eyes!” Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Fame Of Nostradamus


        Michel de Nostredame(he later latinised his name to Nostradamus later to sound cool, it was trendy at the time) was writing when his friend Alphonse walked in the room. Alphonse glanced at the paper and couldn't quite get a grasp on exactly any of it meant and asked Michel.
       “What are you writing Michel?”
       “My predictions,” he replied to his friend.
       “More of your astrology? Why are these so vague?”
        Michel smiled, “Because I want to be famous someday. I figure that if I make my predictions vague enough eventually something like them will become true eventually. Then I'll be most famous astrologer. Not any of those jerks that make fun of me.”
        Alphonse then said, “But if they're that vague it could take hundreds of years for any of them to become true. You'll be long gone before you become famous!”

       Michel then shrugged and told his friend, “I'll take what I can get.”

No comments:

Post a Comment