Translate

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Today's #flashfiction The Non-Government Conspiracy

“For it is in giving that we receive.”
Hernán Cortés* #quote

If the world was flat then where would Santa be? Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Non-Government Conspiracy


           Hey, the name's Joseph and I'm ticked. I got booted out of the secret society I was a part of. Jerks. So what if I kept forgetting to pay my part of bill? Okay, I didn't technically forget, but we're the secret society that controls the world, shouldn't you just let take someone's identity or something to pay you back instead of holding a grudge? And there were other things they complained about like my music but whatever. I'm going to spill their secrets because I can hold a grudge just as easily as them.
            The secret to our society, the conspiracy that I am, er, was part of manipulates everything in a way that people didn't consider. We weren't in league with the government, making private deals or connections. We tricked the government as well. The media. Everyone. All with the most powerful weapon.
Records.
              In the dead of night or whenever else it needed to be done we would sneak in and edit records, swapping in records of our, physical or digital. Our society is the best in the world. Untraceable in our changes. Once past records are changed out for what we do, only memory remains. We even act out new versions of events using advanced CGI and other tricks to change the past. Look-a-likes, impressionists. History recent and distant is changed by the secret society.

              I'm going to miss changing history. George Washington was my favorite creation. Now that I've spilled the beans I suppose they'll get rid of this. Or they'll assume you won't believe me. Either way I've got a piece of advice for you. Treasure your memories. They're the only records you own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment