Translate

Friday, September 9, 2016

Today's #flashfiction Cleaning Up After The Dragon

“Right over left, left over right makes a knot both tidy and tight.”
Alexander the Great* #quote

Remember life isn't always sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes its moonshine and dizziness. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Cleaning Up After The Dragon

          Dumb dragon always doing its business in the castle. How's a wizard like me going to my work when I have to spend half the day teleporting baby dragon “surprises” out of the castle into some parallel universe then casting even more spells to get rid of the smell. My other wizard friends say,
“Oh Exolin, why can't you just clean them all up at the end of the day?”
          Well my dragon's leavings are as fiery as its breath. I can ignore it. Unless I want it to permeate through the entire castle. Cleaning it day in and day out. It needs to just take its business outside! Stupid dragon!

           But I can't be too mad at little ol' Scales. Not while he stretches out his neck and lays in head in my lap. He smiles with those sharp teeth while he holds some meat I've given him. He lets out gentle grunts that sound like a cross between a puppy's growl and a cat's purr. He's a smaller breed and even if I always have to clean up after him, I'm glad that he'll always be able to fit inside the castle no matter how old he gets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment