Translate

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #ImmoralityImmortality

“Liar, liar, pants on fire!”
Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four*

      My birthday party was tons of fun. The guest list grew larger than expected with my Aunt and Uncle joining as well along with my brother's girlfriend. Anyhow for most of the party there was chatting alongside CJ, Jessica and I playing a Kirby game(Kirby being a character made by Nintendo those guys who gave you Super Mario Brothers and the Wii and DS and stuff.)
Anyway normally Kirby games are fairly easy but we were playing with each other. We killed each other more than any of the monsters in the game. (So yeah, CJ, Jessica and I provided great amusement to the other partygoers three stooges style.)
      The thing that made us kill each other the most was this spiked bottom super-shoe. In the cutsey-world of Kirby its a giant green shoe that you can jump in that hops high and can fall on things crushing them with spiky death. It also breaks blocks in front of doors that lead to collectibles that we were trying to get. (We weren't only trying to beat the levels but also getting the special collectibles in the game)
       Normally our weapons didn't hurt each other, the spiky shoe did. It hurt us just like the enemies. Also you could die on your own with the shoe into bottomless pits which was pretty bad too. Now this shoe did not appear in one stage. It appeared in many. Over many instances of mass self-damage it was determined that CJ was the best at not damaging everyone. (Not to say that he didn't he was just the best at not doing it.)
       This self-mutilation wasn't always to our detriment. One of the collectibles that you were meant to get with the shoe you needed to jump on a sequence of enemies to get to a block that well, blocked that collectible from reach. Pretty much get the shoe over there since your characters couldn't get the thing on their own. However the timing was really hard. Even for CJ our usual shoe-guy. However our previous experiences with accidentally smacking each other while on the spiked shoe gave us an idea.
      “We can use ourselves as extra boosts for the shoe!”
       And so CJ bounced on the enemies head with the spiked shoe then Jessica's and my heads and the collectible was soon ours. Huzzah! Tactical genius at work.
       Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Immorality Immortality


       I stabbed a man to death then stole his wallet. Took only the money and left behind the credit cards. That would leave greater emotional pain to the family and others as it would downplay quick midnight murder I did to simply petty greed. I didn't need the money with all the banks I've robbed. That wasn't my profit. My profit was the sin itself. The evil I did by leaving a the dead body of some poor man in the street is what I needed. That crime against humanity.
       The sin bought me more time to live. That's the deal I stroke with the demon that visited me on my deathbed. Sin for life. He started me with petty evil but the costs got higher and I got used to it all. I lost empathy for my fellow human beings and only cared for living. So now I simply wait to learn what the exchange rate is for another day. I don't know why the demon wants me to commit sin, what his motive is. Entertainment? Or is there some way that he feeds off my evil? I do know his motives for picking me. A veteran cop like myself would be great for gathering sins and getting away with it, knowing how to cover my tracks. I was smart enough to wear rubber gloves when I stabbed the man and stole money from his wallet.  Though I stopped caring for others a years ago I still wonder what the price for more time will be the next day. Must I do less or more for another day on this Earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment