Translate

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheWorstMoment

“It's hammer time!”
Bob the Builder*


      Today I transformed into an action figure for several hours...and did absolutely nothing as action figures cannot move. It was pretty boring and a big let down as I lost a lot of time to write. How disappointing. Seems I solidified plans for CJ to come over this weekend so that lifted my spirits.
    Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Worst Moment


       I learned that divorce came in stages. At least for me, and there is a worst moment. First was the emotional wrecking part of your life that caused it all in the first place. When I caught her having an affair. I wasn't going to have the true-love marriage I wanted with a woman that cheated on me like that. It was a beautiful night too. I caught her just because I chose to walk a different way home from the subway to enjoy it. And that way took me out of the line of sight of the window she used to see if I was coming home. I ran across the man just as he was trying to leave our door half-dressed. He did have the decency to give me a quick apology even with the fact he was almost half a foot taller than me so I couldn't make him.
        But the first moment wasn't the worst moment. Neither was the second. The time in court. There it could be said I came out on top. I hired the sleaziest, meanest lawyer in town. The lawyer wasn't was one of those young, thin-snake looking ones or one of those old, fat bald ones who had been winning and ruining their opponents for years. It was a woman in her late thirties who had a wonderfully pleasant smile that could turn chilling in a few seconds. But she kept it pleasant most of the time and always asked the questions that made who she wanted squirm. She pushed people with every false pretense and adapted whatever false mask of a personality she needed. All for whatever client paid her to do it. And had her get me as much possible in my court case. With the affair I already had an advantage in the divorce case but I wanted everything I could get out of my soon to be ex-wife.
      The worst moment was the final moments of the divorce when I sat alone in the house on the bed. When I looked out the window to see a beautiful night. When I wanted to be with her despite the fact I still hated her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment