Translate

Monday, March 4, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #MinionChatter

“It's all about the bling.”
Sauron* #quote



Today I'm going to be practicing dialogue with a dialogue only flash fiction. I hope you enjoy!


Minion Chatter


       “So what exactly does this do?”
       “Boss says this is going to allow him to take him over the world.”
       “The boss says everything he makes is going to allow him to take over the world. I mean specifically. Look this device we're putting together has a slot to put in diamonds and another to put in bananas.”
       “Oh, right. Hmm, yeah this one is weirder than most of his devices.”
       “So what does it do?”
       “I dunno.”
       “What!? You have the blueprint!”
       “Doesn't mean I know what it does. Don't need to know what it does to put it together.”
      “How?”
      “Well, our mad scientist boss already did all the complicated stuff, we're just doing the legwork to put it together. Like pegs in furniture. And duct tape in the spots the boss can't notice.”
      “How do you get away with this?”
     “The superheroes blow his devices up before he gets a chance to turn them on.”
      “Yeah, can't tell if it's busted if you don't turn it on.”
      “Uh-huh. Never known if I ever built a single one of his crazy inventions right.”
      “What about all his guard robots, don't you work on those with the other minions?”
      “We buy used robots from other villains and put the outside of our boss's bots on top of them. Sell the boss's parts for money. They get blown up by heroes just as quick so who can tell the difference?”
      “Wow. You have a lot of guts to scam a super villain.”
      “Please, do you know how many of them I scam? Tons. I only work here on weekends after all. Been in the minion business for a long time. Ditch one villain go to the next when they get caught, work for multiple guys if I can. I never go for the big guys who kill their minions for ego no matter the pay.”
      “How can you stay in the minion business for so long? I'm thinking of quitting just because of the risk.”
      “Easy. Don't wear a mask, but lots of body armor. Heroes won't kill you if you have a face. With body armor you can get knocked down hard but still get up fine. Key though is playing possum until the hero leaves. Once their gone though you can run. Heroes go after running minions but they never go back for a minion.”
      “Huh.”
      “I've cleared out some treasures from super villain lairs. And by doing all I've told you...well that's how I get richer than the guys who pay me.”
      “If you scam so many people why are you telling me all this?”
       “Oh, I'm feeling like retiring soon and I felt like bragging to a fellow minion who would really appreciate it.”
       “Makes sense. But all that aside...what does the boss's device do? Banana's and diamonds? What needs both of those?”
       “I've dealt with so many crazies I normally wouldn't care but because you mentioned it, it is actually starting to bug me.”
      “Any guesses?”
      “Nope. Oh, hey, for once the nutty villain actually put some footnotes on the blueprint. Lemme see...ah! Apparently it uses the diamond to refract the light pattern from the bananas to hypnotize monkeys into slaves. Makes more sense than last weeks machine that attempted to weaponize smooth jazz.”
      “I liked that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment