Translate

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheAftermathOfTheCase

“Respect people's privacy.”
Big Brother* #quote


Today I worked on my book, also it's Grandma's birthday tomorrow so happy birthday Grandma!


The Aftermath Of The Case


       “You failed. You failed me, and the country, and all those people.” The master detective said to the prosecutor. Detective Samuel Terrance was the best there ever was and solved cases with a one hundred percent rate and solved the greatest mysteries and caught the most elusive of killers.
       “It's not my fault! The defense was too good. The jury was a bunch of idiots or they were bribed somehow.” The prosecutor looked at the detective. The detective had angry, yet disturbingly calm face.
       “You know how many that psychopath killed? I was the only one who could catch him he was so elusive. People had difficulty just looking at the evidence. We could never bring a whole body to the morgue. And you let him go after all the years and lives it took me to find him.”
       “I didn't let him go...I just couldn't win in court. You think it's easy for me to live with this!? I have nightmares because of this! I fear every day he's going to kill someone else. Even me!”
       The detective pulled out his gun and pointed it at the prosecutor's head. “You don't need to worry about him anymore, you need to worry about me.”
      The prosecutor began to sweat. “I don't understand.”
       “He's dead. I cleaned up your mess. But I don't like cleaning messes. You aren't going to let another one get away understood. Do you know how I always 'get the bad guy'? I don't play by the rules, I get confessions the hard way. So my threat isn't empty and also that means I am never wrong.”
      “Of course!” The prosecutor yelped.
      “Now if you'll excuse me I have the mess of another prosecutor to clean up.”


Author Comment: This story has to do with detectives and such because Grandma likes mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment