Translate

Monday, March 18, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheLastThoughtsOfDamonDrew

“Save the trees!”
Paul Bunyan* #quote



Today I did things. Tomorrow I will do more things.
Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Last Thoughts of Damon Drew


(Okay I need to finish the laundry when I get home.)
(Oh, hey a cat. That's one cute cat.)
(This doesn't have to be hard Damon.)
(I should get a cat.)
(You don't need to resist Damon.)
(Wow, that girl over there is pretty hot. Maybe I should hit on her.)
(Damon, how long will your subconscious block me out?)
(Did I hear something? No. That's impossible.)
(So I have broken through your subconscious barrier.)
(W-what? Is there a voice in my head. Did I hit my head or something?)
(No, no Damon. You didn't hit your head. But you are going to lose it.)
(What are you talking about?)
(Most ghosts lie about it but I'm going to be blunt dear boy. I'm going to take your body.)
(I'm either dreaming or somebody slipped something into my drink.)
(I assure you that isn't the case.)
(I'm not driving home until you go away so I don't get in an accident and get a DUI.)
(It's better for me if you're not distracted by driving and are forced to focus on me.)
(I swear I'm going to kill whoever spiked my drink and made whatever you are.)
(And who are those people dear Damon. What's the name of your mother? Or father?)
(Well my mother's name is...why can't I remember either of their names!?)
(Because I took them from your memory dear Damon. All of your friends and family.)
(No, how, why?)
(I said I was taking your body. And to do that I must take your mind.)
(So you're taking my memories? I'm just tripping or whatever aren't I?)
(The fact that you believe your drugged means you won't be resisting much.)
(Like anything is actually happening. This stuff wears off.)
(Dear Damon do please tell yourself that. Once I take your memories then I supplant my thoughts into yours like shuffling cards together. You're not the first, this is how a ghost like me lives in the mortal world forever.)
(What a beautiful day.)
(What pretty flowers.)
(I should head home now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment