Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheSamuraisWeights

“You're not the boss of me!”
Spartacus* #quote


       Today Grandmother came over and also I made progress on my book etc. Also did you hear the one about the chicken crossing the road?
       Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Samurai's Weights


       As a Samurai I've found out some of the heaviest things a person carry. First a weary, injured friend from battle. They put all their weight on you and you must carry them along. Yet also them asking you not to save them so that they could have a chance at an honorable death.
       But I felt one of the next heaviest things for someone, greed. I wanted my friend to live more than I wanted to fulfill his wishes. And he both hated and thanked me when he miraculously recovered. My sword felt heavy because of how many I had to kill to save him. Though they were the enemy so maybe I should just consider it merely something of war resolved by abiding to the honor of the Samurai code of fighting. But really what authority did I have on that? A code of honor I considered one of the heaviest things and discarded pieces battle after battle, forgetting so much of it I hardly know much of it. Bushido may mean nothing to me.
      Though soon after discarding Bushido I still possessed all of the abilities of a Samurai and the position. And so I found one of the last heaviest things. A sack of gold, payment for a assassination. Heavy both for its tangible weight and the sins carried in the bag with the gold. But my blade certainly had better uses than for war and turning on nobles during night turned out to get much more money than following a code while screaming into the battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment