Translate

Friday, March 22, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheVirtualParty

“You can't handle the truth!”
Pinocchio*#quote


Went to the fun school club today ergo had the funs. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Virtual Party


       “Now see, this is why I became your friend. You know how to throw a party!” I couldn't tell if Frank was giving me a compliment or not. It was my parent's money that let us buy the virtual reality chamber that we held the party in. “Honestly I'm not sure if I can ever stop indulging on these drinks. That's the beauty of this virtual reality huh?”
       “Wait, who's that?” Someone I didn't know just entered the chamber.
       “Oh, don't worry about it Steve. It's just the cousin of Darrin's friend. And she's just bringing over a few of her friends.”
       “But the virtual reality can only handle so many people and download so many things. Oh, I can see where this is going...”
        Frank laughed. “You think we're going to all crazy party on your place? Wreck it all up? C'mon. It's a virtual reality chamber. It's not like we're in you're living room pounding loud music or something.”
       “But...”
       “It'll be fine.”
       “But...”
       “It'll be fine.”
       “But...”
       “It-will-be-fine.”
       “But...”
       Frank then turned to everyone else in the room, “Hey, everybody Steve's gonna download everyone some snacks and drinks and good virtual band.” He then whispered to me, “Trust me. I skimmed the manual of this chamber. Now go do it.”
      I then complied, I may have not listened to Frank, but everyone in the room stared at me, which somehow grew to thirty people while I wasn't looking. Everything popped up just as ordered.
      “Okay that was fine Frank. Alright, we just can't do much more.”
      “Well I have the perfect idea then, how about a celebrity guest?”
      “We really shouldn't do that it, it'll probably overload and bug the system.”
      “It'll work. Do it.”
      “Y'know what? No. Everyone can party, but I'm not doing it.”
      “Then I will, I'll put the data into the computer.”
      “No! Don't!” I tried to stop Frank, but he was much larger than and quickly put it into the computer on the side wall of the chamber.
       When he put in the data the celebrity famous for appearing in all those cowboy movies appeared for a fraction of a second. If we hadn't put in other things he would have functioned fine, but instead the cowboy actor quickly mutated into something quite different. He turned into a snake with revolvers coming out of its back. The bugs from the cowboy spread to the snacks and drinks everyone held turning them into fire. In virtual reality you can truly get hurt or die but you feel sensation so it became a place where everyone was on fire but they didn't get the pleasure of having their nerves burnt numb. The snake shuffled around the room shooting everyone in the room with its revolvers and biting several with its fangs.
      Fortunately people managed to run out of the room quickly enough and overheard my conversation with Frank and knew who to blame. In the aftermath I got half in trouble. I couldn't use the virtual chamber for awhile or hang out with Frank ever again. Though I wouldn't want to. I couldn't have parties for awhile either. Frank, well, he used to be one of the most popular kids in school and now he's the exact opposite. Nothing quite like lighting people on fire to make you unpopular.

No comments:

Post a Comment