Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheGhostHuntersLaundryStain

“I don't have time for this.”
Dorian Grey



      Today I went to my writer's club. Fun as per usual. Also busted crime in my superhero alter ego Langdonman. Another ordinary day. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Ghost Hunter's Laundry Stain


      It would be one of those days. Those days where I would ask myself: “Harry why did you become a ghost hunter?” There is a certain pain in ghost hunting. It's not in fighting ghosts. I enjoy that rush of adventure and danger. It's not the occasional curse they lay on you. I can handle getting my face turned inside out. After the first time you get used to it.
      It's the laundry.
      You must be thinking: What could possibly be the trouble with laundry? Oh ho ho...have you ever dealt with an ectoplasmic stain? When a ghost leaves their spirit-fluid or whatever ectoplasm is made of on your clothes? You can wash it off yourself just fine...but oh boy it never comes off your clothes. I often throw away clothes since I don't want to deal with it.
       Step one is getting some occult detergent then getting a powerful wizard to help you summon a demonic washing machine to clean it in. And see the thing is that washing machine never fully comes into our plane of existence so the portal to the netherworld must stay open so usually you have to deal with some demons that come through. Sometimes you have to talk with the annoyingly lonely guys but some do go on the offensive.  They're all minor washing machine demons, but still you do have to whack them with a broom.
       And you have to baby-sit the clothes perfectly, taking them out at just the right time, they'll be ruined if they're left in too long. Fortunately you don't have to worry about the dryer too much because angels let you borrow their holy purifying ones easy. After all, you're a ghost hunter. A fun fact: Their dryers can remove curses from voodoo dolls.
    So much trouble huh? That's why when I get an ectoplasmic stain I sometimes just toss the clothes out and I dress casual to my ghost hunting work.

No comments:

Post a Comment