Translate

Monday, October 5, 2015

Today's #flashfiction The Eternal Prison

 “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
The Cat In The Hat* #quote


Are the most modern of pirates the ones who use satellite connections to download movies illegally on the high seas? Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Eternal Prison



        I live in an eternal prison with many others like me. We wait in line to be vaulted into the torture chamber for our session. We cannot move as we slide along helplessly on a hill while massive arms slam us back up the hill. I can do nothing but suffer through this dizzying rolling sensation while my trapped form hurtles into the various constructions laid on the hill. The constructions are bright towers and walls that echo and bounce me away like rubber. Sometimes I feel like a rat lost in a maze when I roll up and down the hill, thrown between the things on the hill and launched back up by the arms. Temporary relief only comes when I fall into a hole between the arms and go into line behind my fellow prisoners waiting for them to complete their turns. Such is the life of a pinball.  

No comments:

Post a Comment