Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Today's #flashfiction Time-Out

 “Smile, you're on Candid Camera!”
Big Brother* #quote

Tomorrow Jessica is coming over so that'll be fun. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Time-Out

        “Sarah, time out now!” Mommy sent me into the corner of the room for doing something bad. I wanted to yell back and tell her I didn't have to have a time-out. I knew I did something wrong, time-out's were just wrong. I hated them. I wanted to yell at her that I should never have a time out...but I couldn't get the...get the...was there a word for this thing I'm thinking of?
         “Courage,” something spooky said.
         “Who are you?” I whispered.
         “Down here little Sarah” I saw an teeny-weeny spider. I wanted to scream, but you don't say anything during time-outs. Was I already in trouble for whispering? “Would you like time-outs to go away forever? Never to get in trouble for taking the cookies from the pantry and eating them before dinner like today or anything else? I can offer you a wonderful deal for a little something unimportant called a soul.”
          “Are you Santa?” I asked the spider.
The spider didn't say anything for a few seconds then talked again, “No, no I'm not. I really don't see what that has to do with anything.”
           I squished the spider. Mommy said that anybody that knows things about you for no reason is a bad stranger. This spider knew how I got in trouble and I didn't know why. So I got rid of him like you should any bad bugs.

           Years passed and when I remembered this day I think I squished a demon. That taught me to talk to my children about stranger danger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment