Translate

Monday, December 21, 2015

Today's #flashfiction Polly's Feelings

“He who smelt it, dealt it.”
Confucius* #quote

The number pi goes on forever. I also wished that normal pie went on forever. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Polly's Feelings

         Hi! I'm Polly! I'm a parrot! I live in a house with my owners. They put me in a “cage”, but it's so big its like I have a room all my own. My life's great! I can get all I ever want when I want. At least most of the time. Flap my feathers, act cute, and if I say I want a cracker, they'll probably give me one. I feel great. I feel great about where I live and about my owners. What's that smell?
         It's coming from the kitchen, they moved my cage a few days ago. I think they did it for the new television but now I could see inside the kitchen. Now I could see what the kitchen smells were. I saw what they put in the center of the table. Is that...a cooked bird? And are they having it with crackers?

        I now have very different feelings about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment