Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy flash fiction #TheCupidsAssignment

“What are we going to do tonight Brain?
Why the same thing we do every night Pinky...try to take over the world!”
United States Congress*

Today I watched some of the live interview between Bill Nye the Science Guy and one of the astronauts on the space station. I wasn't too intriquged by some of the experiments they were doing until I learned about them sending jumping spiders into space for them to see if they could hunt. That's right. Jumping spiders in space. I thought, “In space, no one can hear the fruit flies scream.” Apparently the spiders succeeded and is successfully hunting in its little cage thing as they put fruit flies in there with it its box. So yeah, the spider adapted to hunting on the space station with the astronauts. I don't remember what the spider's name was but I'm calling it Space-Killer
----
Now here's something for bloggers, there's a referring URL scam it seems. Many of those are from websites looking at you randomly, wanting you to be curious about them so you click on them and give them traffic, or even better post them as a traffic source publicly. Some of them even being “adult content” sites. I've read about it in a few places. So it's important that you don't click on all your referring URLs, many of them are just automated programs trying to get you to go to them or even worse post them on other places(some of them being inappropriate sites). They are really fake views too. I even did the math with my own referring URLs. Taking out all referring URLs as hits and only looking at direct views from computers it still looks that 95% of views to my site are completely legitimate but its still sad some are fake, but it's still sad I've got some fake ones. Be sure not to look at these URLs or let them mess up your own stats. I read that they usually stop hitting you if you don't look. This trick explains why I had that weird apartment website as a referring URL all that time ago. I also figured a good trick is to look up things by not looking directly at them by checking out these sites by using wikipedia so they aren't viewed so you can figure them out without giving them any traffic.
----
Anyway after all that onto the flash fiction!


The Cupid's Assignment


        I can't mess this up. Sure time is frozen in the mortal world, and I've plenty of time to work, but no matter how much time I take...if I screw up...I screw up. This boy and girl are in the middle of their first kiss. It's oh so very romantic. My boss told me they'll break up yes. They are not destined for each other but this has to feel like true love to them for awhile so that after the break up in the future they will seek out true love again and find their true partners later.
       I'm a cupid a fairy that creates the love for humans. Yeah, humans say there's one Cupid. No, not really. Do you think one guy could do the job. And we don't have people fall in love. We craft the love for them. I have to make the love for these two. That's why it's so vital I don't mess up. Their fate is in my hands. I'll make their feelings for each other. Worst yet this is the first time I've done this. I did plenty good in training...but this is my first time in the field.
        Now love is a strange entity you see. There are so many types it would take me years to explain them all. They haven't quite reached it being at the teen crush stage. But after this kiss they should enter it. This will be the love at first sight, but more the love at first kiss. I suppose then I should foundation this love with a physical element. Though if I am to make this a “true love” as assigned wouldn't that go against my mission? Well the objective is to make it end eventually so they may seek out a true love again but with a different person. So perhaps I will spark this love initially with a physical injection with this kiss.
        Love is an evolving creature whose stabilization into a “happily ever after” is a rare event. This is often considered an accomplishment for cupids. But for this situation this is not even what I am aiming for. I will use this kiss to spark a physical element...but I will have the physical elements peter to an end towards the relationship. Yes, as the physical element wears it will tear away at the relationship destabilization the love...but not too much.
        More importantly I must now focus on the abstract element. During this kiss I will have them think of many happy memories through many subconscious connections triggered by smells, looks and other sensations. (Yes smells, memory works like that, this is why how you smell is important! Do be careful with your perfume and cologne people...I have a job to do.) This will begin an emotional attachment. With a positive connotation with their own pasts they will then build their own relationship with the other person.    Though eventually I will make their love evolve to the point that it will be so inflated to the need to be satisfied by sentimental moments that without them it won't hold on it's own. And since physical sensation are also attached to sentiment it will stack with the previous strain I have planned.
       Now this decay will be set up to be a slow bubble towards the end. I think it will collapse, but will be at a reasonable enough speed that they will feel a wonderful love. They will seek more love, but not try to renew that old relationship. This love I have created will feel like a “true love” appearing both to be physical and sentimental but won't be collapsing on its end. I think it will be different enough that the next cupid will be able to create a true love each of them to give them the happiest end lives for them.
     I think I won't screw this up. Now to craft this love with my magic and to unfreeze time. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment