Translate

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Today's short story #TheMindMagician

“We have nothing to fear but fear itself.”
Princess Celestia, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic*



Today nothing of significance happened...or not...hehe...



The Mind Magician

       Hello, I am the great Mind Magician. Lord of Imagination. I can do tricks beyond the simple reality just by you reading this page! Don't believe me? Well just read my act and you shall be amazed! No need for tickets for my act. All you need is to read on and bring an open imagination!
       Now imagine a stage. A fine stage with pulled curtains. The stage has tough, antique wood with a golden sheen. And on that stage is me with my wonderful top hat and suit. Both are a deep black. Like that creeping shadow that always frightens you. But my smile is kind and looks even better next to my beautiful assistant. She's a lovely young lady wearing a red dress. Her skin has the color of almonds.
      Please keep these scene firmly implanted in your mind. Read the above paragraph over and over if you have to. Ingrain it in your brain. You see what you imagine right. Sight is sight in your mind? And you can compare where things are in relation to each other can't you?
     Now here's where my show gets interesting. If you lost the imagine while you were reading read again. Next look at your finger. As you would compare where two objects are normally in the real world compare where your finger is two where the scene is. Imagine the scene in front of you. Place your finger on the stage. Imagine me pulling out a wand. Join your reality and your imagination. You may need to re-read the scene.
      It doesn't end here. Pull out your memories and imagine them in front of you and put your finger in them.  Keep breaking the borders. You may want to do this for minutes or even hours. Go beyond memories and invent your own scenes. Expand just beyond your finger and just imagining a little image in front of you. Impose an entire scene in the reality around you. Blend it all and break all the borders. Break it all.
      Finally imagine me taking a bow as my show as come to a close. It's up to you from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment