Translate

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Today's short story #TheEvolvingNightmare

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”
Rip Van Winkle*

      Traveled to another dimension today and played Pokemon with Cthulhu. He beat me pretty good. Who would have though he's a competitive player? Dang.


The Evolving Nightmare

      I found one of the worst kind of terrors. The therapist can't help me with it. The medications aren't working either. I have a recurring dream. A recurring nightmare. It's horrible. Everyone pities me, though I think my doctor thinks she can get a paper or two out of this, the witch.
      The nightmare has me walking through a garden. A beautiful garden being guuided by a beautiful woman. It's a sunny day. But after a minute or two it turns to a deep rain. The woman remains beautiful. She grips me by the arm and starts dragging me along. I start to see horrible things appear in the garden and even though she's a frail looking woman I can't escape.
       The way this nightmare is truly frightening is that I both know what is coming and do not. Two-thirds of the horrible things in the garden stay the same and the others change. It is random and eventually a new set comes. The nightmare is so lucid and I am so very aware. I know the horror that will come but there will always be something new to torment me. The nightmare is always evolving each night and I can't stop. To know and not know. It's a confusion that wrecks my insides and bends my mind. That is the new terror I have found and will keep finding. Help.

This work is copyright Langdon Kennedy you may share this(email it, print it, post it on your own website, broadcast it etc.) work unaltered as long as you credit me as the author and share a link to this blog with it and it is not for profit. If you have any questions and/or are unclear of these conditions email me at llkenne1@asu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment