Translate

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy flash fiction #TheLastTwoHitPoints

“I cannot tell a lie.”
Bernard Lawrence "Bernie" Madoff*


Well can't say much. Grandma came over so I didn't have much time to write a post and this story may also be a bit quickly wrapped up at the end because of it too.


The Last Two Hit Points

       I wonder if my prayers will reach the angels in enough time to save me. I'm at a miserable two hit points. Two hits points. Me the mighty Echo Knight. Master of the Echoing. Sword Technique, my namesake, the technique that lets me attack seven times a round for thousands of points of damage. My magic sword Sky Breaker lets me bypass the weapon resistances of monsters I face with its powers. Most swords would come up with a miss on a ghost type enemy and I rip them to shreds. I collected enchanted armor from elementals from all across the lands to give me resistances to hundreds of forms of attacks. My defense stat reaches the thousands. I've had arcane mages and armies of soldiers beat on me for hours for zero damage. I've trained myself to level ninety-nine in my class. The maximum. With my equipment and levels my stats went to godly levels. I was the definition of the ultimate adventurer.
        And here I was reduced from my fifty thousand hit points to two. By a goblin.
       “So how does it feel Echo Knight? To be pushed off your pedestal?” The goblin asked me with a sneer.
       “Shut up.” I was on my knees. Seconds went by reaching the next combat round. He had initiative now. He could toy with me as much as he wanted.
        “Hah! You adventurers have been using your skills to cheat the system and use your classes and abilities to make yourselves above us for too long. We've been fodder for you long enough.” The goblin looked at me angrily. “How long have my people just been experience to you? Well now you'll just be a few points to my next level. Well actually you'll be my first step as I slaughter every single adventurer I come across on my hunt for every single powerful adventurer I come across. No. I'll kill every human. They provide the quests and equipment after all. I have the power to. I'm a god now.”
       “You beast. You may be powerful but your no god.” I glared at him. At least I could talk without losing a turn.
       “But I am. Normally monsters can't equip things or level very high or change class. But now I've found my own way to break the system and beat you at your game. I can now customize myself greater than you can. Are you familiar with the fact that humans can bind monsters to their will and turn them into creatures that can be customized and leveled? Well my tribe made it so I was bound to a human... then killed him! Raised that human as a zombie, making him a monster then bound him to another human and killed that human. Then raised that human as a zombie, froze them with ice magic, preserving them forever. So now I am a customizable monster that can level... but without a human master!”
        I was baffled. “So. You still should have caps on your levels.”
       “But see this is where it gets interesting! I fight my brethern and now that I am an enemy monster they can cast transformation magic, kill me to raise me as a zombie, and I can become different monster after different monster with my level reset to one over and over. But my stats and skills stay for an infinite loop. I may appear to you as a level ten goblin. But in reality... I have been hundreds of monsters and have leveled up thousands of times.” He laughed.
        I mumbled. “So that's how you knew all that magic.”
        “Exactly. And now I will cast ZX Lighting. Nothing like overkill to make your death all the sweeter.”
He cast the spell and I expected death. But then I heard him scream.
        “Bounceback!” Someone yelled. I knew that name. That was the name of reflect spell.
        “So you're the Echo Knight?” A woman in robes said to me.
        “H-how are you faster than me? You're quickness stat should be way lower than mine!” The goblin asked startled.
        “I'm not faster than you... normally. You cast a slow spell. And now you're stunned because of your spell and have lost another three rounds. You could have just whacked him y'know.” She lectured the goblin.
         “Who are you?” I asked.
          “The reason you're not dead,” She said. “And the thing that's going to teach you to never fight alone and always bring a healer along for everything. Idiot.”
        “Fairy's Love,” she said, and with a wave of her hand my hit points restored to maximum. “Now I'm going to cast Mega Quickness and a billion buffs to make you able to rip this guy apart so just do you slashy killy thing your famous for because I'm tired of hiring weak 10 gold mercenaries at the tavern to hit my enemies and would rather have you along. I also have 99 Dragon Blood potions to restore my magic to full so we can outlast this guy.”
        The goblin yelled, “You humans and your adventuring parties! I'll be back!” And after all that the goblin fled.
         The woman then said to me, “And there goes the biggest bundle of experience I've ever seen. You'd better join my party so this trip isn't a total waste otherwise I'm not going to be happy. You are not going to like me when I'm not happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment