Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy flash fiction #TheGearDetectivesLogic

Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!”
Bill Nye the Science Guy*

       Well I went to a meeting/dinner of Desert Rose of RWA as a guest, my father was also a guest. My mother is the member in the family. A friend of mother and mine's named Tina won the Stupendous Award of Special Awesomeness for her contributions to the organization so congrats to her. (Okay that's not the real name for the award, but that's the name I've decided fits it best)
       Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Gear Detective's Logic


       “There are only so many reasons I would find the great Gear Detective himself in my own backyard,” Mr. Ronalds said with a glare. The man held a gun in his hand while he wore his pajamas. “Is there some chance I should have preferred to have found a burglar instead of you?”
       “Maybe Mr. Ronalds,” I replied. “You can call me by my real name.”
       He shook his head. “Right Mr. Smith. Always thought it was funny that they gave you a human name. Of course whenever a robot gets just enough AI.”
       “Well this 'just enough AI' is what is going to bring you to justice.” I told him.
       He laughed, “So I should have preferred to run across a burglar.”
       “Yes. I figured you all out,” I said to him. “I put all the pieces together.”
       “Oh?” He looked at me curiously.
        “My facial recognition software is second to none.” I pointed at my yellow, robotic eyes. “I spoke to all your underlings. Detected all the lies and pulled together the connections. I know that you're embezzling. And I know you killed to do it. My logic and interrogation skills were flawless.”
        Mr. Ronalds laughed. “I figured the great Gear Detective would be better than this. Your logic doesn't do you any good in the courtroom. For one anything you or I say here can't be admitted in court as by law a robots recordings can't be. No jury is going to trust a robots “deductions”. Sounds like you don't have a shred of hard proof.”
       “But I have figured you out,” responded. “I know you've stolen and killed.”
       “Stubborn, stupid machine! Your conjecture doesn't do you any good. If there is any supposed justice to be had... I'm not going to get it. And that's the real logical conclusion here.”
I stood there just processing it all. “No, I've figured it out. I'll find the proof. Just you wait.”
         He laughed. “Oh, you pitiful thing. There is no proof here. I get it now. The reason you came here is that you couldn't find any at my offices and were just hoping I would give you something more to go off of. Well there's nothing. Now I'm curious robot. Can the great Gear Detective find a way to bring me to justice without proof?”
        It took me a moment to come to the logical conclusion.
        "Yes I can bring you to justice," I said. "I'll kill you myself, right here."
        His gun couldn't damage my metal exterior and on his massive estate no one could hear his screams.

No comments:

Post a Comment