Translate

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy short story #TheHierarchyOfStupidIdeas

“Oops! I did it again.”
Jack the Ripper*



Unfortunately my friend CJ was unable to make it over today. When I checked my spy communicator it seemed he was battle our archnemises The Mysterious Doctorfellow. They seemed to be having an epic showdown so I decided to not interrupt. So instead I went shopping with my parents and wrote y'all a flash fiction.



The Hierarchy of Stupid Ideas


       I have discovered there are levels of stupid ideas. There are ideas where you just didn't know any better. There are ideas where you just had something enter your head and went through it anyway out of arrogance or whatever. There are the moments where you're just being a moron(or are always a moron). There are the ideas that are bad at that moment. There are the ideas that are always bad. There are the ideas that are bad from some perspectives and there are ideas that are always bad. And there ideas are just terrible.
       I had an idea that was so bad that people were actively comment on its horribleness as I did it.
       I am currently playing a video game. I know not all of you play video games but I'm pretty sure that most all of you understand numbers. You know that the number 50 is much bigger than the number 5. In this game I am level 5. I am now fighting a level 50 demon-dragon-zombie-robot-king.
      I didn't run into this monster randomly. This happened because of my stupid idea. My plan was to go from my lower level area into a higher level area and get some of the strong equipment. Skip getting stronger the hard way. All I had to do was sneak past the strong monsters to get the equipment. However that didn't work and now I am being chased by the demon-dragon-zombie-robot-king. Other players are actually going “lol look at the noob, he tried to grab the Sword of Frying Power” When I asked the stronger players in the area they didn't help me when I asked because they knew what I was trying to do and they weren't going to help me get strong the easy way.
       You may think you know an idea is stupid when you think to yourself “Wow that was a stupid idea.” But truthfully you only know an idea is phenomenally stupid when your being chased by a demon-dragon-zombie-robot-king with other people laughing at you. Then you know an idea is stupid. Really, really stupid.
       Though maybe I can run past the enemies in the level 40 zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment