Translate

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy short story #AYoungGirlAndHerTimeMachine

“Weight Watchers isn't a diet, it's a healthy way to live.”
Galactus*


       Well I made that doll at the club last night. We were making little plush Japanese rice balls(the triangular kind) I however had not sown since I was five so the result was a very magical thing. One girl in the club reminded me a little how to sow and started me on one edge. (We made it by combining two rounded triangles of material with one long strip we all cut out, we were making everything from scratch). I did one edge in the standard back and forth style shown to me. From there I did things my own way since I had that little bit of support.(Plus I'm not good at the back and forth) However my methods of sowing are very haphazard. To attach the two rounded triangles with less thread and without using pins for extra support I pulled my needle through many varying angles to unite the three pieces. I stuffed it. (It is a plush doll after all.) through a little hole. I kept pulling the needle through.
        At the end I had my needle and three long strings coming out of the back somehow. I don't know how I managed to sow with one needle and thread and get three loose strings but I did. With some incredible knot tying I managed to use those three strings to stabilize the rest of the plush doll and make it so I only had like one little tiny hole in my entire doll. At the end I cut the last little bit of string behind my thread and hoped the random web of string wouldn't collapse. It didn't and now I have my own amazingly adorable doll.
        Anyway onto the flash fiction!


A Young Girl And Her Time Machine

         Crap. This is the 50th time I used my time machine and I still can't come up with anything good to say. Every time I try to ask my crush out for a date I goof up and I use my time machine to make sure I avoid an embarrassing refusal to whatever stupid thing I said to him. Yeah all my “genius” to make a time machine and I can't even ask a boy out. Good job Amanda. Can make a time machine, but can't date. One time I traveled back a week to try and figure something out and I still couldn't come up with something good.
You know what screw it! I'll just ask him straight. It doesn't matter if I'm not all the popular and he's the most popular. It doesn't matter if there's probably another popular girl around the corner with something better to say. I won't flinch. I'll take the refusal. I'll use time machine to save him the embarrassment of having been asked out by such a dorky girl as myself but I'll risk the embarrassment for just the slightest change of having a date with him!
          I tried...and he said yes! He likes me! Guess I don't need the time machine anymore! Can't think of much else to use it for anyway. I'm going to be the most popular girl in school. Aha to Diana and her little group who said I could never be popular! I got the most popular boy. Tee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment