Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #AWeedOfMagic

“You must have me confused with someone else.”
Mystique, X-Men* #quote

          Today I got a new game informer. Reading is fun and informative. I've always found words to be very useful. They're one of my favorite things next to the many flavors of ice cream. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

A Weed Of Magic



         Right in the middle of the king's garden a unique magical phenomenon happened. The birth of a new kind of fairy that could turn thoughts into fire. An oddity. The king sent me, Ferlenix his royal wizard to look at it. The fairy had no practical application. The rate it turned thoughts into fire was a kindling at best and it couldn't sap thoughts so it couldn't be used for torture or anything like that. It sucked ambient magic to live so it burnt resources. And I could tell that it was one of those fairies that would soon be using magic to replicate itself or crossbreed with other races to spread it effects. It took magic, gave no positive effects...I knew wizards had no use for it. So I knew that the kingdom or any land had no use for such a creature. It looked cute floating there, like a child with butterfly wings. But it wasn't human or beneficial.
       So I killed it. To stop it right there. It was a weed and I needed to pluck it and keep it from spreading.

1 comment: