Translate

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #BattlingTheThought

“Make love, not war.”
Genghis Khan* #quote




  I'm heading out to a card game thing for lots of fun. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Battling The Thought



           Today I fought a great enemy. It attacked me while I was in a business meeting. While the boredom of the business meeting ate away at me. I needed to focus on the meeting but the enemy attacked. The enemy that attacked me that day was a stray thought. “What am I going to have for dinner?”
          It assaulted my mind at this most vital moment. The meeting, though important, twisted my mind with boredom so a thought to contemplate turned out to be a special kind of bliss. But I needed to know every bit of data on the graphs the boss showed. I needed to pay attention. I needed to! Argh!
          But to think, think complex thoughts, was something I desired after all the zombie monotony. Would my wife make dinner? Or would we have pizza? And with what toppings? Oh, all the toppings! Toppings are something to think about.
        No...I needed...to...fight...thinking...just...be...the...worker...bee...graphs...charts. Only the boss's word. I need to have only those fit into my mind. Sink into the monotony. Yes...fight the thought. No such thing as dinner. No such thing as dinner. No such thing as dinner. Just work. Just work. Now then, what was I think about? The meeting. Yup, getting everything the boss is saying. Yup, uh-uh.
I wonder what's going to be on TV tonight.
         Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment