Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #WhyIDidIt

“Shhhh, no talking during the movie...”
Charlie Chaplin* #quote


Today I breathed. Like you. But I did it better. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Why I Did It


        “Sir! We've done it! You're equations we're correct! The time machine works! We sent the rats backwards through time by a whole hour!”
       I looked at my lab assistant. And all the lab assistants. All wearing the same stereotypical lab coats as I did. “And you documented it all? Thoroughly?”
       “Yes.”
       “Good,” I then pulled out my cell phone and dialed a number. The time machine exploded, along with the rats inside. The computers were wiped. The only records of my equations in full besides my own memory.
        “Why did you do that?” All of my assistants yelled at once, “You've destroyed not only the machine, but also the few materials on the whole planet that could ever be used to make one! Humanity will probably never be able to make another!”
        I shrugged. “A time machine could easily be abused. I did not make the time machine to be used. I made the machine for the sake of making it. So I could. To prove I could do it. For science and,” I laughed, “my pride really.”

No comments:

Post a Comment