Translate

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheManAndHisFailure

“Been there, done that.”
Kilroy* #quote


        Today I'm hanging out with CJ. What are we doing? I'm sorry, but that's classified. Mostly in alphabetical order. Anyway onto the flash fiction!





The Man And His Failure


         Everything was rubble. All around me. I worked so hard. Day in and day out. Like I always do. Everything I built. Gone. Collapsed. All the machines I invented torn to bits and scattered along the ground. I laid out what I thought was the perfect plan and it failed. In a horrible humiliating way. A way that ended up with my face in the dirt and everyone who worked for me with a few additional broken bones and unconscious.
         “I hope you've learned your lesson,” the superhero said to me before kicking me another few feet. “And that's for even thinking up such a vile scheme. It'll be prison for you and your minions soon.” Before he kicked me he already burnt my skin and much of black costume off with his fire breath. Dragon-Man belched smoke while he stretched his dragon wings. His scale-patterned green costume looked obnoxiously thematic.
          “Just let the police come get me. I'll go quietly now.”
           Dragon-Man roared before speaking again, “Oh now you go quietly little man?” The superhero was correct, if I wasn't lying on the ground I would stand at five foot eight and he stood at seven feet. Compared to him I am short. “That's how you villains think. Evil and wicked only playing nice when we've made that the only option. Scum!” He breathed fire on me. It hurt. Like hot needles with coals coming up behind them.
          Did I deserve it? Probably. I'm the bad guy. I'm not stupid. I know about morals. I just don't care. But he's the first hero to ever go at me this hard. But certainly not the last. The heroes have been coming at me harder and faster. And I've been losing every time. Back when I started I even took control of the planet with an evil artifact I got. But even that ended after a week.
          “So you already thinking about how you're going to break out of prison? Again?”
Not quite. But usually yeah, that's what I do at this point.
          “Well think about this villain...is it worth it?”
          “What?”
          “What will happen when you break out of prison scum?”
          “Why I'll make a new identity and become a harmless citizen.”
          “Liar. You'll try to make a new evil plan and guess what? We'll stop you again. One of us heroes. And oh boy, I hope it'll be me because that gives me more reason to beat you harder.”
           I looked at the rubble around me. I remembered the past ten years of my life. And my double life. As one of the richest men in the world. Pretty much letting stewing stocks and investments fund my evil plans. Using some of my genius to make evil inventions and some to make good inventions for profit to fund my evil ones in secret. A life in a dark lab either way. The only climaxes being when I fight heroes. All leading up to failures. Did I just enjoy the game of it all? I already had a teleport set up to drag me away to another lair whenever I wanted.
         I looked into Dragon-Man's eyes. I saw a conviction much greater than my own. I looked at the rubble again. I thought of the well thought out evil plan that was laid to waste, and all the ones before that were failed by various heroes, and all the many heroes in the world against me. And all the villains beyond that who would fight for power if I ever did win.
         “I give up.”
          Dragon-Man laughed. “You already lost.”
          “No. Everything. All of super villainy. You won't ever by fighting me again.” I used the teleporter to my other evil lair. I planned to dismantle it and return to my good life and never lead a double one again. Haha, or maybe a superhero one. I've got the gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment