Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheImportantSpell

      “1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. 2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. 3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.”
HAL 9000* #quote


Today I found out the answer to da million dollar question. And I'm not telling! Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Important Spell


          How do I make this summoning circle? I keep getting the results wrong. And if I don't figure out the right spell the next thing I'm going to hear from my boss is “Jasmine, you're fired.” The spell invention business is ruthless and when a wizard asks for a spell to be invented you get it done on time or you're fired. They'll find someone to replace you. There is always someone to replace you lined up right outside the door. Everyone wants to get famous inventing spells. I do. Right now I'm practicing making spells to order and soon I want to invent a super-spell that will make me a famous wizard for the history books. A dream shared by about a billion other wizards.
       I can't figure out how to arrange these lines. It's such a complex summoning. I've summoned demons and it was much easier. Maybe if I...no...that'd bring forth a goblin. And that other arrangement would bring forth a plague. No, no, no...I'm going to lose my job aren't I? Oh, it would have been nice to figure it out. It's for a big client. Yordel, super wizard, and owner of his own pocket dimension. A may have even gotten a raise. Wait, raise! If I raise this line in the summoning circle...yes! I have it!
         “Boss, the chocolate sundae summoning spell is ready!” I shouted with glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment