Translate

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheElusiveBeast

“You can quote me on that!”
Marcel Marceau* #quote


Today Grandma came over for dinner. Fun was had. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Elusive Beast


        I have been tracking the beast for days now. Curiously it eludes me through the wilderness. I follow it's tracks perfectly. I never make a mistake. But around and around I go in the woods, following the tracks. It must be a creature of human-like size. But heavier with an odd walk. It stumbles like it has a hump heavier than it can handle. How could it survive with a deformity of such large mass coming out of it's back? It seems to speed up as I track it in the woods in circles. I've been emptying the supplies out of my backpack as I eat away at my rations. At one twilight I eat another bit of my rations. As I finish a bit of bread I make a horrible and annoying realization.
     I've been tracking myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment