Translate

Friday, July 12, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheLastComponent

“2+2=5”
School House Rock* #quote



It wasn't me! The butler did it! Anyway onto the flash fiction!





The Last Component


          “You don't get it! I need that last spell component!” The desperate wizard yelled at the shopkeeper. The wizard pounded his fists on the counter his blue robes shaking from the force and his large, pointed wizarding hat tilting forward.
          “Look. We're out of stock.”
          “I used a spell to locate components. I know you have it.”
         “Fine. We're out of ones to sell to new customers. Everything we have in the back stuff already bought waiting to be picked up.”
         The wizard pulled out his wand and pointed it at the shopkeeper with a harsh glare. Angrily pointing his wand at him was the closest thing he could get to a threat without saying something. “I don't care about the other customers. Give me that spell component. It's the last I need for a spell I need to cast.”
          “What could you possibly use such low level pixie dust on that's so important?”
          “That doesn't matter to you.”
          “I'm not giving it to you.”
          “Yes you will. I'll pay you double. No triple it's price.”
          “I'm not going to take product from loyal customers who already ordered it just because you're offering me a little more money on something as cheap as pixie dust. Please leave before I have to kick you out of the store. You're causing a ruckus. Go get it somewhere else.”
          “It's sold out everywhere else in town! I need it now! Give it to me! I'll pay you ten thousand times the price. Just give me the pixie dust! Right now!”
          “I don't know what kind of low level spell you so desperatly need but if you need to pay that much for it...well that's a price for me.” The shop keep laughed. He tried to remain loyal to customers but for ten thousand times the price...well that was enough for him to take it from the other customers that ordered it ahead of time. Heck he would buy teleport tickets and pick some up later to replace it at last minute if he had too.
         The wizard got his pixie dust and rushed out of the shop and into a nearby alleyway where no one could see him. He then cast his spell. It wasn't a strong spell. A bit stronger than the shop keep expected but still very weak. It was a spell that needed pixie dust.
        He cast an illusion spell to keep himself looking human, for not only was he a human but a demon. A demon who reforms his ways and wishes to live a just life cannot live among demons but among other races like humans. So long ago the demon decided to become human. And this was one day he had quite some difficulty getting the normally common pixie dust for his monthly illusion spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment