Translate

Monday, July 29, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #MiningForMagic

         
“Marco! Polo! Marco! Polo!”
The Blair Witch Project* #quote



         Today I didn't do what I did yesterday but may do what I will do tomorrow but definitely won't do what I did the day after two days ago. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Mining For Magic



        I hate the wizards. They don't appreciate what I do. They just cast spells with a smile on their face and pretend like they're the only ones responsible. Like magic just comes from thin air. Well everything has to come from somewhere. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense does it?
        I wonder how many times wizards think, “Gee, I'm sure glad that faries spend all those hard hours mining magic from dimensional lines and pulling it into our universe for use.” I don't even get paid that much. I keep the crystal balls working and they don't care. They don't even give us bit of credit. Oh, yeah wizard's just make magic right? Surreee they do. I'm not even paid by wizards. I'm paid by demi-gods sent down to keep the world running straight.
        At least the demi-god says, “Tom ya did a good job today.”
        Ah, what? I think I just saw a frilly pink glow! That's the kind of light that a high level teleportation spell gives off. The only kind that could break into our dimensional drilling facility! I hope that's the boss demi-god losing his keys again. Otherwise I'm going to call security.
And it's a wizard. Wonderful.
        “Who are you and what are you doing here? Do I need to call security?”
        “Oh, I'm from a TV station, I want to film a documentary. People are getting bored with the dragon documentaries and since there's nothing about fairies I thought I would use that as material.” The wizard smiled. A few more teleportation spells went off and a whole crew came in. I was sure if I should have been flattered or offended. The demi-god boss was a very attention starved guy so I could definetely convince him to let the studio people walk along. Maybe I'll get some appreciation from the wizards after this. If not I'll spike the magic I mine around the studio executives to make their spells backfire for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment