Translate

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #CupidsAtWar

“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.”
Nostradamus* #quote



       CJ will be coming over this weekend and we'll be headed to a card tournament dookicky. I'm hoping I won't have any seizures at it. I didn't have any at the other and I also didn't have any seizures at the dentist this week so my luck's been doing good. Anyway onto the flash fiction!





Cupids At War


        The elf let out a pained howl followed by a weak whimper after the Taser was pulled away from his body. The pointed ears of the elf were bleeding, his yellow eyes bloodshot. The torture didn't start out electrical, but whatever kind it was all together it lasted hours.
        “That's impressive,” the cupid holding the Taser said. “You really must value your principles.” The cupid smiled with his Hollywood quality smile. His patted the tied up elf with his hand, his skin a soft black and his wings a glowing white. “Dragons don't last as long as you! What's your secret?” The cupid casually ran his fingers through his apple red hair as he lined up his blue eyes with elf's yellow.
        “Like you said monster. My principles. I want to protect people. I value humans just like elves. I think they should follow the destined course.”
         “Oh, and which Cupid Order told you was destined course?”
         “The Cupids Of The Rose Order explained it all to me. They know how the gods intended it. That's why they have such loyalty from the elves.”
        “Wow. Wow are you naïve. The Cupids Of The Rose Order are just like any other Cupid Order, including my own. They manipulate love to get what they want. That's what we all do. And that's what I need that bit of information from you from. All I'm doing though is just making one man fall in love with a different woman.”
        “I don't know how knowing what food my boss is going to serve for dinner at the elven-human cultural festival is going to matter.”
        “Oh cause and effect is a very complicated thing you see. Well it should be obvious. Our human is a doctor of a certain kind. Getting him to save a girl from an allergic reaction to one of your foods will certainly make them fall in love. It's a perfect little drama. We'll give them a few catalysts from there.”
       “And I can certainly figure out why you want that man dating her. Keeping her from marrying politically huh? True love?”
       “Bingo!” The cupid laughed. “Wow I've been torturing you for hours and you can still think straight. My compliments elf.”
        “You're sick.”
         “Nah, I feel fine. Besides just doing my job. It's all part of war.”
The elf then yelled, “We're not at war!”
        “Oh all the Cupid Orders are always at war. We all think we are until there is only one of us standing.”
The door to the room suddenly busted down. Several cupids with guns then stormed in and held the cupid with the Taser down. They untied the elf. The cupids wore their Order uniforms. The elf could tell that they came from The Rose Order. After they freed him they assured him of his safety. He wasn't too sure as before he talked to the torturer he trusted them. But now doubt hit his mind. He remembered cupids of The Rose Order at his wedding. He loved his wife, but now he wondered if he was meant to.

No comments:

Post a Comment