Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #IWishedToSaveTheWorld

“I forgot to send him a card for father's day!”
Luke Skywalker* #quote



       Today I read on the Internet that things will happen. Better panic. Because when somebody tell you they read that something will happen from the forever reliable source that is the Internet you must panic. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


I Wished To Save The World


      I once wished I could save the world. Well I wished it many times. I really wanted a grand adventure or something. I live in a world of dragons and wizards so that could of thing could happen. A normal girl like me could go on any adventure.
       I did get my wish granted to save the world.
       I was at the marketplace in town. The same bustling marketplace that was boring for me but exciting for any traveler. I could see the king's castle in the distance. So magnificent. But as I did every Tuesday I just sat at the fruit stand, trying to sell fruit. Being a pretty girl I could actually sell a good amount of fruit compared to my dad, the experienced salesman. While I was peddling fruit and waiting for Dad to return for his shift I saw a wizard walking along through the marketplace. He was with knights and other upper class people. I could tell he must have been in the employ of the king. The people gazed at him. Then swarmed around him. The presence of a wizard was a spectacle. He tried to ignore the people. The knights worked to push away the crowds without using violence. The crowds were smart enough to not dog pile the wizard.
However someone got close. Someone I noticed because they had that look. The look of a thief.
     Thieves try to adapt a face of “I'm minding my own business” before pickpocketing. So many people have tried to swipe fruit from the edges of the stand and money from our pockets as we sell that I've gotten accustomed to the it. I saw the thief go after the wizard and manage to pickpocket his robes. I didn't know there were pockets in there. Well I wouldn't be surprised if the wizard wore some suit under there to carry everything. Robes were largely decorative and ceremonial.
      I dashed for the thief before he could get too far away from the wizard. I tackled the theif to the ground. He was a scrawny man. Probably to slip into the crowds. He had taken some sort of potion. The wizard and knights saw me tackle the man down and the wizard walked up took out his wand and cast a spell on the thief. The thief couldn't move. I think it was some kind of paralyzing spell.
      “Young lady, I don't know if you understand what you did...that thief was a hired professional. Hired by the Nightmare Clan of wizards. That potion is a spell component in one of my most powerful spells. A spell that will stop their wicked plans. You're good deed may have saved the world. I thank you.” The wizard, who was many ranks higher than me in the class system of our land, bowed to me.
       It wasn't exactly an adventure, but I got my wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment