Translate

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #DoctorAlfredVampireHunter

“How much wood could a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood?”
Archimedes* #quote

Today I ate pizza. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Doctor Alfred, Vampire Hunter



        My name's Bob, a simple creature of the night. As simple as a vampire is. Honestly I'm glad I don't need to actually kill people to get my blood. It's a bit of a sad thing but I just ambush a homeless person in a haze and then I dash away. It's a rather simple formula. Pretty much every vampire I know does it. And tonight I gotta do another one. At least once a week. Twice if I'm feeling ill. Now I gotta do another one. And her we go for a quick bite...
        Wait why is this man tied up and gagged? What? The streetlights are turning on! But they're not normal! They're blacklights! It burns!
         “Don't like that UV light do you vampire. That is why you don't like the daytime. During the night it isn't intense enough. But from lights like this or the sun that's when the radiation really gets to you.” A man stood under a streetlight with a sadistic grin. His hair was blonde like mine. Our skin would have both been white but mine was now burning. Though we did different in eye color. His eyes were a cold blue while my eyes were lively green, when I wasn't in such intense pain. Now I went bloodshot.
        “Why are you doing this to me?”
        “It's simple really. I'm catching you. And like anything else all it took was bait. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Doctor Alfred.”
       “You going to dissect me or something?”
       “Hardly! I'm going to be the discoverer of vampires! I'm going to parade you around. I'm going to be rich and famous. I'm going to catch all your friends and be one of the most renowned scientists ever! Maybe get a Nobel Prize.”
My skin continued burning under the black lights...a sunburn caused by their deep colored bulbs.
       “Oh and if you don't cooperate I'll kill some of friends. I think Joe is your best right? And I do know who your mother and father and sister is. Oh, a monster like you is going to make my life perfect.”
       I then dashed at the man with what strength I could gather. I started to choke him. “If you think of me as a monster then let me tell you something. You're the first human I'm going to kill and its only to protect the ones I loved.”

No comments:

Post a Comment