Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #ThePhantasmDesert

“Save the trees!”
Paul Bunyan*



        Today I went to the Pokemon card tournament with my friend CJ. I did okay consider I didn't spend too much money on my deck and I actually completely defeated a powerful player without him taking any prizes. (For those who don't play them game just think of it as him not scoring any points) and it wasn't through a lucky one turn KO win called a “donk” either so yay! Though I got completely destroyed in other matches so awwww....Because of the tournament I didn't have time to write new story for y'all so I had to recycle an old one from my old story a day I did back before I started the blog. So forgive any odd spacing since it's copy-pasted from an old double-spaced word doc from 2009


The Phantasm Desert


        Everyday the groaning got louder and louder as we approached the Fountain of Youth. The phantoms circled us like vultures, waiting.
        They had an expression of sadness. I would feel for them, but their groaning woke me up constantly at night. Sands and ghosts lay as far as the eye can see.
         I had paid for this expedition. Even though I was still young, I knew that I was mortal, and my first priority was to become immortal. This is why I spent all of my massive inheritance putting together a task force to reach the oasis at the center of The Phantasm Desert, the oasis being the Fountain of Youth. My team kept wanting to go back, especially since we had been out a month.
       The next day the phantoms moaning became louder than ever before. That is when I saw The Fountain on the horizon. It stood tall, taller than any building I had ever seen before. It poured such beautiful water, sparkling in the eternal sun of the desert. My entire crew, including myself, jumped out of the covered wagons and ran to it. We drank the water without a second thought, and we began to feel younger.
I had just noticed after drinking the water the phantoms had stopped moaning. Instead they just looked at us, their head bowed, tears coming from their eyes.
      I stopped feeling younger and started feeling lighter. I started to float and my hands started to fade.
When I tried to scream all that came out was a moan. I had become a phantom. I had just been

doomed with immortality. In a few days I saw group of wagons coming over the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment