Translate

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheMundaneNightmare

“C'mon, I dare you.”
Jiminy Cricket* #quote



Today I went to play cards at a place with Jessica. Much fun was had. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Mundane Nightmare


        My subconscious decided to give me a quite the plain nightmare. But something that made my feel uneasy nonetheless. And worse yet this mundane nightmare came to me every night. The nightmare was always a replay of the day's events before I feel asleep but details were changed everywhere. Details on where things were in the room. Details on what happened. Details on people clothes and in their faces. They'd be wearing the wrong shirts they're eye colors would be wrong. Even if they were my own friends and family. Maybe a bit too tall or too short. Fat or thin. Everything in memory would be off.
       This distortion would make me feel so wrong and reality in the nightmare so uneasy and unpleasant. Often scarier than you would think. The whole world changed just enough so that it wasn't what you knew. So you knew that you were dreaming a facade. It frightened me maybe more than it should have. But the mundane nightmare struck me deep.
      Enough that I had to see a therapist. But a stuck it through. Fought the mundane nightmare. I still have it. But I just deal with everything being wrong. Everything being off. The therapist made me spend time looking at objects in a mirror, upside down, through telescopes, and so much more to distort my perception waking. He made me think of all the ways the world is distorted and made me think that everything is a little off.

No comments:

Post a Comment