Translate

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #WakeUpOrDie

“Everything is half off!”
King Solomon* #quote

Today I decided to do something then didn't do it. Then later I decided to do something and did it. Then grandma came over for dinner and much fun was had. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Wake Up Or Die


       “Hello Zack.”
       “Who are you? What are you doing in my mansion? You're not one of my butlers! Or my genius, celebrity, supermodel wife!”
      “You have to wake up Zack.”
      “I said who are you? Get off my estate or I'll call my private security team! I'm also best friends with all the important people in the world! Do you want me to put a bad word in with the President?”
      “I'm your survival instinct Zack. You have to wake up Zack. You've been dreaming too long. They'll unplug you and you'll die.”
      “You're saying I'm dreaming?”
      “Yes.”
      “That some sort of joke?”
       “If it's a joke Jack then how are we on the ceiling? It's a strange thing that only happens in dreams that only a dreaming man would ignore so easily. And only a dreaming man would ignore the fact I have twenty arms so easily.”
         “My survival instinct huh? Come to save me from my dreams?”
          “Another part of your not dreaming subconcious heard them talking about unplugging you. So I came to your dreams to save you. Wake up so they won't kill you.”
         “But if what you're saying is the truth then I will go back to an imperfect world. More time here is better than out there.”
         “Zack. I am your survival instinct. And one thing I can ask you to make you think about living is this: How old are you?”
         “At least old enough to marry my wife. Well I guess you said she's not real. I don't remember now when I married her. Are they unplugging me because I'm to old or too young? Did I imagine myself being older? Do I have a lot to live for? Hey, you're messing with my head!”
        “Zack, wake up.”
        “Maybe you're right. And I do need to wake up. I'm giving up a lot for this.”
        Zack awoke. His doctor shocked, his family shocked. The room was bright. At least to him. Things slowly came into focus. He saw his young hands. A teenager came into his vision. That's how old he was. Not a man in a mansion with a genius, celebrity, supermodel wife. But certainly someone with much more to live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment