Translate

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #FossilizedData

“Nobody respects my privacy.”
The Loch Ness Monster* #quote


       Today I decided I was going to try and call CJ to see if he would come over for the weekend or whatnot. Also watched that show called the Big Brain Theory. The engineering reality show which, based on half of the episodes, is the show where everyone fails and something breaks because science is hard. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Fossilized Data

        Ah-ha! At last my search engine has paid off! Another corner of the Internet backlog excavated! Will these findings make me famous? Or will they mean nothing? I don't know I have to wait for my machine to finish decoding everything.
       The name Emily Chang and I'm a sort of archeologist. Of the Internet. Well if you could really call it that anymore. The Internet was called the Internet because it was a network of linked computers. But now they took all that data and stuffed into a gigantic bio-tech brain. Layers and layers of data. From all databases and websites. The bio-brain is such a gigantic and marvelous device it can do that. But data that wasn't deemed the most important at first and prioritized was sort of moved to the subconscious of the brain. And now we archeologists of the modern era dig out the data of the Old Internet to study the cultures of long past. Right now I'm excavating data one thousand years old. Yeah the bio-tech brain is that old a device.
    So what fossils of data have I excavated from the Old Internet? What old culture I have unearthed for study? Perhaps some old medical articles? Or some old media sharing websites? Oh! It's come through!
        Hmm....Langdon's Flash Fictions. Looks like a bunch of stories by some random guy. Doesn't seem very important. Moving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment