Translate

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #SupervillainInThePrisonYard

“Slow and steady wins the race.”
The Flash* #quote

        CJ is over today, and all the cards I ordered to play in the pokemans tournament with CJ tomorrow arrived. Wish me luck and stuff because I may be playing against people who spend many more times more money on this than me and have much more experience. So I've got a large chance of doomed with a side of uh-oh.


Supervillain In The Prison Yard



       “You don't scare me,” one prisoner said to the supervillain. “They inject you with chemicals to remove your powers daily. You're not super or a villain. It makes me sick that some of the other prisoners even call you by your old villain name or are even afraid of you. But I'm going to call you John, the name your momma gave you.” Other prisoners started to gather as very few people talked to the supervillain. Or ex-supervillain as he now lived in prison with all these other criminals.
       John then let out a booming evil laugh making many of the prisoners flinch. “I don't scare you? Bob the accountant from Virginia, convicted of embezzlement, theft and corporate espionage.” The ex-supervillain smiled and looked at Bob with blue eyes unnaturally wide open.
       The accountant shrugged. “Don't even try to pretend that you have a fraction of your psychic powers active. I told you I know about the chemicals. And I know I talk about my life. You take me for an idiot?”
John laughed another vile laugh, this shaking shrill like the call of dying bird. “Oh, you're not as dumb as the others.” The ex-supervillain stood up his long, brown hair going past his shoulders. He didn't care about it once out of costume. He walked up to Bob the accountant and grinned. “Thing is you forgot something. Even without my powers there is something that hasn't changed about me.”
“What's that John?”
      In the next few seconds the ex-supervillain attacked the accountant, getting him into a choke hold in seconds and then afterward punching his gut straight into the lungs for swift, intense pain as he tightened his arm around the neck. He released before the guards could catch on or Bob could die. The accountant breathed harshly and knelt over onto the ground as he recovered.
      “The thing that hasn't changed about me is that I'm still a monster.”

No comments:

Post a Comment