Translate

Friday, June 7, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheWisestEntrepreneur

“Tag your it!”
The Grim Reaper* #quote

        Looks like CJ won't be coming over this weekend. Looks like I'll just have to travel to an alternate universe with a CJ that is available to hang out.


The Wisest Entrepreneur

       I considered myself to be a clever businessman. When I worked for other companies they shook my hand and said “Good job Mr. Goodwill!” everytime I closed a deal. I though I knew business inside and out.
       And yet when I opened up my business I didn't have much success. But I did every sensible thing a business should do. It wasn't a large venture. I kept my normal job and merely opened up a small venue somewhere as an experiment. Low risk. Clever I think. But! I didn't hold back. But I got custom designed signs for advertising. Even a boothbabe! Plus I did the most important thing. I fulfilled supply and demand. I found out nobody was fulfilling the demand for a product that obviously everybody wanted.
      “Get your freshly cooked fleas!” I yelled at my booth at the flea market as my booth babe posed in her costume. People would look but none one would buy. My failed business venture baffled me. I did everything right. And why would no one buy fleas at a flea market?

No comments:

Post a Comment