Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #MagicWordOfTheDay

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.”
Wile E. Coyote*


       CJ and I went the card tournament today. I got won 2 and lost 4. (However unlike last time both victories were real instead of one being a dropout of my opponent.) Good considering I am way new into playing the card game again. Also this is the 500th post on the blog! Neat huh? Anyway onto the flash fiction!




Magic Word Of The Day

       “Hey kids!” An excited dragon puppet says while standing next a witch puppet. “It's Dragono the dragon here to teach you about magic words with Deri the witch!”
       “Yes children! It's time for the magic word of the day here on Enchantment Street!” The witch puppet flapped its mouth with vibrant expression and waved its arms around a prop wand in hand.
Dragono turned to Deri, his green plastic scales popping out against the red backdrop. “What's today's magic word Deri?”
       “What a wonderful question Dragono! Why it's Yagounitu!”
The dragon puppet looked down to express nervousness. “Well that's such a long magic word. I'm not sure I can even say it.”
       The witch puppet laughed. “Oh you can learn how to say it. I'll help you! And maybe even the kids at home! I'll chant it along with the kids and you listen closely now Dragono.” The witch puppet nodded then began her chant, the writers expecting the children to chant along, “Yagounitu, yagounitu, yagounitu, yagounitu, yagounitu, yagounitu.” she repeated over and over for thirty seconds.
      “Wow! Thanks Deri and all the kids at home that chanted along. I think I can say it now. Yagounitu.” The dragon puppet laughed. “I really did it, that's wonderful. But gee what's this magic word used for?”
       “I'm glad you asked Dragono! It's a saftey spell used to ward off the undead!”
       “Oooo...the undead can be really scary. I'm glad we're learning this spell today Deri.”
       “Yup. Just say this magic word any many undead creatures will just run away!” The witch puppet flung her arms into the air.
       A zombie puppet then stumbled into view from stage right. “Brainnssss....”
     “Yagounitu!” The dragon yelled.
The zombie dashed away.
      “Good job! Dragono. But remember the magic word doesn't always work that quickly. So while you're chanting the magic word over and over to scare away the undead remember to yell for an adult.”
      “I got it Deri!”
      The witch and dragon turned directly to camera and spoke together. “That's it for Magic Word Of The Day!”

No comments:

Post a Comment